We are delighted to offer a U7/8 curriculum for our volunteer coaches to use. These sessions provide a solid base of activities and ideas that follow the club's playing philosophy and development process.
We plan to add more sessions; if you have feedback or questions about the curriculum or sessions, please contact Acting Director of Coaching David Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Points to remember
- We understand that every player, and therefore group of players, is different. The sessions provided are meant to provide a base for coaches, who should tailor them to suit the needs of their players. The timings and difficulty of each session can easily be edited to suit each individual's needs.
- It is extremely important to remember that at this stage of development players need to be allowed to make their own decisions and be allowed to make mistakes. Players learn from making mistakes, and at young ages especially, they need to know that making mistakes is OK.
- As coaches, we need to guide players towards the correct pathway to developing them as soccer players and as people.
- Fun should be the most important part of everything at this age group. Fun is what breeds the love of the game to keep players playing sports.
- Keep the ball at their feet as much as possible and allow them to try new things to discover what works for them as an individual. Aim to have the players playing games and activities for roughly 80 percent of the session.
- Be as positive as possible and re-enforce good habits.
- Just playing is the key part of players' learning at this age. Allow them to play freely during the game as much as possible.