2019-20 eligibility: Under-7 is for children with 2013 birthdates and Under-8 is for children with 2012 birthdates.
2019-20 cost: $125. Includes jersey with number.
Registration deadline: July 31. If late registration is possible, registrants will have a 10% surcharge added to their fees.
- Most teams have one weeknight practice each week and a minimum of eight games. One or two games per week, usually Saturdays and Sunday afternoons.
- Practices are expected to begin in late August, with the first games likely to be played in early September.
- Boys/coed games will not be scheduled at the same times as Oregon Youth Football games.
- Practices and games are normally on the fields behind Prairie View and Netherwood Knoll elementary schools. A limited number of games could be played in Verona as part of a partnership with Verona Soccer Club.
- Parent volunteer coaches are needed - no experience necessary, free training provided.
- Girls can choose to play in an all-girls league or a boys/coed league.
- Games are 4v4 with no goalkeepers.
- No intentional headers allowed. As part of the U.S. Soccer Player Safety Initiative, heading the ball is not allowed in leagues with players 10 and under. Rule: "When a player deliberately heads the ball in a game, an indirect free kick should be awarded to the opposing team from the spot of the offense. If the deliberate header occurs within the goal area, the indirect free kick should be taken on the goal area line parallel to the goal line at the point nearest to where the infringement occurred. If a player does not deliberately head the ball, then play should continue."
- Oregon SC rule alteration: On goal kicks, the opposing team players must be behind the midfield line and remain there until a second player on the attacking team touches the ball. If this rule is violated, re-take the goal kick.
- No referees will be used for Under-7/8 games; coaches will be allowed on the field and will serve as de facto referees in addition to instructing players.
- Goalkeeping basics sessions will be offered to Under-8 players in Spring 2020 at no additional charge.