2020-21 eligibility: 7U is for children with 2014 birthdates and 8U is for children with 2013 birthdates.
2020-21 cost: $125, includes dri-fit shirt with number. Registration closes at 11:59 p.m. July 31. (Possible availability through Sept. 17.)
- Most teams have one weeknight practice each week and a minimum of eight games. One or two games per week, usually Saturdays and Sunday afternoons.
- Optional Friday night practice led by Acting Director of Coaching David Brown.
- Fall 2020 practices are expected to begin in late August or early September.
- The majority of practices and games are at the fields behind Prairie View and Netherwood Knoll elementary schools or at Jaycee Park.
- Parent volunteer coaches are needed - no experience necessary, free training provided.
- Girls can choose to play in an all-girls league or a boys/coed league.
- Games are 4v4 with no goalkeepers.
- No intentional headers allowed. As part of the U.S. Soccer Player Safety Initiative, heading the ball is not allowed in leagues with players 10 and under. Rule: "When a player deliberately heads the ball in a game, an indirect free kick should be awarded to the opposing team from the spot of the offense. If the deliberate header occurs within the goal area, the indirect free kick should be taken on the goal area line parallel to the goal line at the point nearest to where the infringement occurred. If a player does not deliberately head the ball, then play should continue."
- Oregon SC rule alteration: On goal kicks, the opposing team players must be behind the midfield line and remain there until a second player on the attacking team touches the ball. If this rule is violated, re-take the goal kick.
- No referees will be used for 7U/8U games; coaches will be allowed on the field and will serve as de facto referees in addition to instructing players.
- Goalkeeping basics sessions will be offered to 8U players in Spring 2021 at no additional charge.