2022-23 eligibility: 6U is for children born in 2017; 7U is for children born in 2016; 8U is for children born in 2015.
2022-23 cost: $140, includes dri-fit shirt with number. Payment plan available. Registration open through July 31, 2022. Register now
- Players in the 6U program will have two sessions per week with volunteer coaches, likely one on a weeknight and one on a weekend. The first 30 minutes will be practice, followed by a 30-minute game. We plan to hold 16 sessions in Fall 2022 and 16 in Spring 2023.
- Players in the 7U and 8U programs generally have one weeknight practice per week with volunteer coaches, and play eight games in the fall and eight games in the spring (usually on Saturdays or Sunday afternoons). Some games could be played in other local communities.
- We hope to offer weekly sessions for 7U and 8U players with a professional coach at no additional charge.
- Goalkeeping basics sessions will be offered to 7U/8U players in Spring 2023 at no additional charge.
- Fall 2022 practices are expected to begin in mid- to late August; Spring 2023 practices hopefully will start in early to mid-April, weather permitting.
- Parent volunteer coaches are needed — no experience necessary, free training provided.
- Girls can choose to play in an all-girls league or a boys/coed league.
- Fall 2022 boys/coed games will not be scheduled at the same time as Oregon Youth Football games.
- 6U games are 3v3 with no goalkeepers, played on a smaller field. 7U and 8U games are 4v4 with no goalkeepers, played on a field larger field.
- No intentional headers allowed. As part of the U.S. Soccer Player Safety Initiative, heading the ball is not allowed in leagues with players 10 and under. Rule: "When a player deliberately heads the ball in a game, an indirect free kick should be awarded to the opposing team from the spot of the offense. If the deliberate header occurs within the goal area, the indirect free kick should be taken on the goal area line parallel to the goal line at the point nearest to where the infringement occurred. If a player does not deliberately head the ball, then play should continue."
- Oregon SC rule alteration: On goal kicks, the opposing team players must be behind the midfield line and remain there until a second player on the attacking team touches the ball. If this rule is violated, re-take the goal kick.
- No referees will be used for 6U/7U/8U games; coaches will be allowed on the field and will serve as de facto referees in addition to instructing players.
The Oregon SC Academy program also is an option for 8U players. Learn more